Bach Rescue Remedy Review: Does It Work?

Bach Rescue Remedy Spray
When in the midst of anxiety or stress, it can seem like there is nothing we can do to make it go away. Our loved ones may tell us to "fake it 'til we make it" or might suggest that we lie down and rest for a bit until the symptoms subside. However, in our minds, we want the fear, anxiousness, and pressure to come to an immediate halt.

Mainly struggling with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic attacks, and agoraphobia, I have tried many things to ease my anxiousness. While many of those things help and are useful in many situations, I'd always continue to search for more ways to ease my anxiety and tension.
For me, one of those things has been Bach Flower's Rescue Remedy for instant relief of the uncomfortable symptoms of stress and anxiety. I have taken the product several times over the past six or seven years whenever I'm struggling with anxiousness or simply having a stressful day.


How Does Rescue Remedy Work?


Bach Rescue Remedy is a natural anxiety and stress relief formulation comprising of impatiens, star of Bethlehem, cherry plum, rock rose, and clematis. According to Bach, these ingredients can aid with:

  • Lack of patience
  • Emotional ailments like trauma and shock
  • Fear of losing control of thoughts or actions
  • Panic or terror
  • Clarity and alertness

Rescue Remedy is one of the most popular Original Bach Flower Remedies to date and has been frequently noted in online reviews and forums for its ability to provide relief of symptoms.

Can You Overdose on Rescue Remedy?


The company claims that it is impossible to overdose on this homeopathic remedy. However, they also mention that with this product, as with most other products on the market, more is not necessarily better. Bach still lists a suggested daily dose on the packaging for reference.

However, if you do believe that the product is causing problems for you, it is advised to stop taking and ask your physician for advice.

Is Rescue Remedy Safe for Children and Pets?


Yes. Rescue Remedy Pets and Rescue Remedy Kids are also available, which are both alcohol-free. (The version with alcohol contains 27% alcohol.) Rather than being preserved with alcohol, these versions contain vegetable glycerin. Both the pets and kids' versions can be used by adults as well.

My Personal Review of Bach Rescue Remedy


I first began using Rescue Remedy around 2012 or 2013. Although I had been suffering from generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) for about five or six years prior, I infrequently used the spray, that was, until I start struggling with severe anxiety and panic attacks beginning primarily in October of 2016.

It was from that point forward that I started taking Bach's formula nearly every day or generally whenever I felt I needed it. I would take it before a drive, during tests, and before bed when I was anxious.

Today, I take the product in spray form when I engage in exposure therapy for my agoraphobia. As I begin to feel the panicky feelings arise, I take it immediately.

Does it Work?

For me personally, Rescue Remedy does wonders.

It has calmed me in storms of anxiety, helped me get to sleep, reduced the intensity of my panic attacks, and has even halted a panic attack in its path when I took it before it built up completely.

Some folks say that this product is best for periods of stress or minor anxiety. However, I beg to differ. Although the effects may be milder than anti-anxiety medication, for instance, I have found that the greater my anxiety and panic are, the more I appreciate the benefits of the formula and notice a difference.

Spraying or dropping the solution (depending on whether you purchase the spray or dropper version of the product) directly under the tongue (sublingual administration) and letting it sit for about 15 to 20 seconds before swallowing the remainder of the product allows for quicker results as it seeps into your bloodstream.

After spraying the product under my tongue, I experience the following effects:

  • Mild massaging sensation in my brain
  • Reduced heart rate
  • Less hyperventilation
  • Easier breathing
  • Less depersonalization and dizziness

Once these physiological symptoms subside, the anxious thoughts also reduce, which in turn allow more physiological anxiety symptoms to subside as well.

Pros:

  • Is legit from my experience
  • Doesn't leave you feeling groggy or more depersonalized
  • Leaves your feeling less anxious while still alert
  • Doesn't taste bad nor leave a foul aftertaste
  • Non-addictive formula
  • Affordable cost
  • Sold both in-store and online from numerous sources
  • Doesn't require a prescription
  • Light-weight and easy to travel with
  • Safe to drive and operate machinery after use
  • You take it only when you need it; you don't have to take it every single day to let it build up in your system over time like a vitamin.
  • Offered in different forms (e.g., spray, drop, pearls, pastilles, liquid melts, etc.)
  • Available in child- and pet-safe versions

Cons:

  • Haven't found any so far


This is the version of the product I have been and am currently using:


Bach Flower Remedies Essences Rescue Remedy Spray Original Flower - 0.7 fl oz

The dropper version is available here:


Bach Rescue Remedy Dropper, 20 ml

All in all, do I recommend Bach Rescue Remedy for those struggling from an anxiety disorder or period of stress? Absolutely!

The product isn't overpriced, isn't habit-forming, and doesn't have any known side effects. (Although, it is a good idea to speak with your doctor first just in case, especially if you are taking any medications or have a certain health condition.)

Overall, one doesn't have a lot to lose when choosing to use this all-natural formula. While it isn't an anxiety "cure," it makes dealing with the anxiousness, worry, panic, and fear easier in the moment or right before it begins. Even for those who find that the remedy isn't helpful for them, the good news is that it isn't known to be risky in the long-run.

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Worried Wordsmith. Designed by OddThemes